8/15/2011Posted by MJ
Since the comments for most posts end up being about commenting etiquette itself, I'm creating this FAQ post..
- Keep on the topic at hand. If you desire to relate it to another topic have the information/logic to back it up in the post.
- No personal attacks. Feel free to respond to a certain commenter to facilitate a conversation. Do not call names, make threats, etc.
- Do not make posts political. For a post about a certain person (i.e. Joe Blow Running for Mayor) be sure to have some substance in the post. Comments such as (Joe Blow Sucks) will face the chopping block. Resorting to name calling/etc pretty much shows any information in the post was not worth while.
- No trolling, baiting or trying to start an argument.
- I cannot delete line by line. Don't risk a valid post being deleted in whole by adding something stupid at the end of it. Whining that your comment was deleted will also be deleted.
- When comments are removed I'll usually make a "cleaned up" comment and possibly include a reason why.
I'll add this to the FAQ buttons to the left of the posts. I'll update it as issues arrive. Please place all comments pertaining to deletions, etiquette etc here.