3/12/2010Posted by MJ
The Lockport Library budget vote is coming up April 7th.
Take a small survey hereLibrary Budget Vote
2010/2011 proposed budget
April 7, 2010 ~ 10:00 a.m.—9:00 p.m.
Community Meeting Room
Public Information Meeting
March 18, 2010 ~ 7:00 p.m.
Community Meeting RoomYou must be a registered voter in the Lockport City School District to vote.2010/2011 Budget Information for VotersTax levy increase from 2009/2010: $34,211
Total request from tax levy: $1,278,258
Total budget from all sources: $1,540,266
Total budget increase from all sources: $54,077
(See budget detail.)The proposed increase is $34,211 (2.75%) from property tax support over 2009/2010 appropriation.The proposed increase, if approved by voters, will be applied to increased operating costs, maintaining library collections and services, computer access, library programs, access to collections, and services via our Web site.How is the money used?
To sustain library operations and provide services.In 2009:
229,741 people visited the library.
30,371 people have library cards.
436,859 items were borrowed.
21,529 reference questions were answered.
11,265 children, teens and families attended 361 library programs.
1,423 adults attended 44 programs.Library services include:
- A broad collection of materials including a variety of formats: books, large print books, CDs, DVDs, audio books, magazines, and downloadable audio books, as well as personalized service to help you find information.
- Access to the Internet and online databases.
- 24/7 reference services, allowing patrons to submit questions electronically 24 hours per day.
- A community meeting room that serves over 80 organizations at no cost.
- A wireless connection for people with laptops.
- A community gathering place to read, think, create and communicate.
- A selection of programs for children, teens, and adults